Dr. Bleakley grew up in Northern Ireland and earned his veterinary degree from University College Dublin, Ireland. He completed a small animal rotating internship in medicine and surgery at VCA Veterinary Referral Associates in Maryland and completed a small animal surgical residency and Masters at Colorado State University. He became certified in canine rehabilitation from the Canine Rehabilitation Institute in 2016 and became a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons in 2017. He worked as an attending surgeon at VCA Sacramento Veterinary Referral Center from 2016-2019.
Dr. Bleakley specializes in minimally invasive surgery, including laparoscopy, thoracoscopy and minimally invasive fracture repair. He introduced single incision laparoscopic surgery to SVRC. His most recent research has been on thoracoscopic lung lobectomy, thoracotomy, and treating cranial cruciate ligament disease with either tibial plateau leveling osteotomy or tibial tuberosity advancement. He speaks at national conferences and has been involved with the Veterinary Endoscopy Society, Veterinary Orthopedic Society and the American College of Veterinary Surgeons.
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinary Endoscopy Society
- Veterinary Orthopedic Society
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- European College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Veterinary Medicine; University College Dublin, Ireland (2011)
- Small Animal Internship in Medicine and Surgery; VCA Veterinary Referral Associates in Maryland (2012)
- Small Animal Surgical Residency; Colorado State University (2012-2016)
- Masters (Veterinary Clinical Sciences); Colorado State University (2012-2016)